CCNY is looking for a full-time Evaluation Associate who will report to our Director of Analytics and Evaluation.
This individual will be responsible for evaluating and researching various (physical and behavioral health, social and human services, education, arts) programs, including developing evaluation designs and instrumentation; collecting, coding, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data; conducting interviews, focus groups and systematic observations; and reporting evaluation findings.
● Develop and implement program evaluations for human service programs, including appropriate sampling methodology.
● Follow a utilization-focused evaluation paradigm when working with customers to evaluate the impact of their interventions.
● Design, develop, and implement evaluation instruments (surveys, etc.)
● Design, develop, and implement evaluation plans for clients.
● Perform supplemental analysis such as evaluability analysis, ROI, cost studies.
● Create accurate and meaningful reports of evaluation results for both internal and external stakeholders.
● Develop working relationships and partnerships with community partners and stakeholders.
● Conduct and write Literature Reviews on particular topics.
● Manage and monitor the implementation of data collection for programs.
● Evaluate client data on a macro, mezzo, or micro level for descriptive statistical trends.
● Train clients on evaluation and analytics concepts.
● Able to follow data visualization standards for the department consistently.
● Able to use business intelligence tools (Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) to deliver analytics to customers.
● Develop descriptive statistics based on given datasets.
● 2-4 years of paid experience with evaluation and/or analytics.
● Graduate Degree in Social Work, Public Health, or related field.
● Experience with Excel and statistical software such as SPSS/PASW, SAS, R, or Minitab
● Knowledge of relational databases.
● Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style.
● Ability to travel to customer sites.
● Experience in presenting evaluation findings to internal and external staff, customers and stakeholders.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully plan large projects with multiple deadlines, deliverables, and detail-oriented tasks.
Successful candidate will achieve:
- On-time delivery of project deliverables.
- Accurate and professional project deliverables.
- Superior customer service and customer satisfaction with all project deliverables.
- Community presence as evidenced by participation and attendance at specific workgroups and events.
CCNY offers an excellent benefits package, which includes unlimited paid time off. If interested and qualified, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Do you know any students struggling with mental health issues and in need of specialized tutoring? Mental Health Association of Erie County are offering 1-2 hours of weekly tutoring (available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 PM) at their downtown office. Read the brochure below for more details.
For nearly a decade, the Mobile Safety-Net Team (MSNT) has worked tirelessly to bridge the resource gap and give community stakeholders the tools to fight poverty. Their ethos is one of collaboration and data-driven action. Recently, their Hub Task Force brought together members of different Community Coalitions with Resource Hubs to encourage networking and information-sharing. This “Link & Learn” event was held on October 11th at the Barrel Factory and featured guest speakers, nibbles, libations, and structured activities.
Check out our event photo gallery here.
“It was helpful to see how in depth some of these case studies can be.”
“Sharing ideas and resources a tour tables to solve the issues really helped demonstrate the importance of collaboration and knowledge of all the community services available.”
CCNY are proud to host this invaluable John R. Oshei Foundation initiative and invite you to find out more about Mobile Safety-Net Team’s Coalitions and how you can get involved. For further details, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 830-5636.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Travel, go to concerts, attend Bills and Sabres games, and play board games and puzzles.
Who is a hero of yours?
My dad… He was very generous, had an incredible network of family and friends, was a great business owner, and made this community a better place.
What’s something quirky about you?
I have a goofy, loveable Boston Terrier named Lucy that sometimes visits us at the office.
What’s in your coffee?
Black… or sometimes with some French vanilla.
Why is CCNY’s mission important to you?
As a community, we are stronger together. I appreciate that CCNY helps bring together various agencies and organizations for the common goal of improving the lives of children and families in Erie County. I also believe in the importance of research, evaluation, and the use of evidence-based practices as a way of ensuring that the families we serve get the best possible services.
Last year, in order to support wellness within our agency, CCNY launched a new Paid Paid Vacation perk. On a bi-monthly basis, a random name is drawn from a pool of full-time staff. Once a name is pulled, that person must take two days off with an added bonus of $300 to use during that time. These days are in addition to their normal paid time off. The staff person must use the money towards something fun, i.e., not pay off existing bills, etc.
Read on to find out more about our one-man IT department, Doug Nichy, and his recent travels.
In August, my son and I went to the Woods At Bear Creek in Franklinville. We enjoyed a weekend of camping, a concert featuring Metallica covers, BBQ, an ATV Dice race (we didn’t win any prizes though, boo), and fireworks.
It’s a really great campground complete with rustic cabins, RVs, and tent sites. They have an in-ground outdoor pool overlooking the lake, restaurant/ bar, zip lines, and all kinds of activities.
Ethan always has a great time out, and it gets him off the computer! The extra cash from the drawing helped buy extra snacks and gifts from the parks.
Afterwards, we stayed at Allegany State Park with Grandma and the dogs. We had a cabin this time as I’ve been going here since I was a kid. Swimming in the lake and visiting the Stone Tower and Thunder Rocks each time is required for maximum fun.
Click the image above for optimal panorama-ness.
Download and share interactive PDF version of brochure here.