We are hiring for a part time (40 hours/month) Trainer to assist with monthly training for providers in the Children’s System of Care during business hours Monday-Friday.
- Deliver monthly training both independently and/or with co-trainer support (average of 32 hours per month)
- Up to (but no more than) 8 hours of meetings per month to include but not limited to supervision, curriculum development, administrative support work, project work groups
Documentation and maintenance of training records
The following certifications are not mandatory, but will be required when offered again by NYS:
HCBS Waiver Skill Builder Trainer Certification, in good standing with NYS OMH Training Bureau.
HCBS Waiver Respite Trainer Certification, in good standing with NYS OMH Training Bureau.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited University in Social Work, Education, Human Services, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ verifiable experience working in child welfare, children’s mental health, special education or similar
- Documented experience delivering training and-or workshops
- Knowledge of adult learning theories
- Ability to deliver effective training sessions to diverse learning groups which include participants with Clinical Master’s Degree, Bachelor Degree and High School Degree or equivalent as highest level of education
Compensation = $17-18/hour
Transition and change is difficult for everyone. Today is a day of change with a capital C for CCNY. Today we send well wishes and waves to our Director of Vendor Support Services, Mr. Duncan Bethel. Duncan has worked hard for and with CCNY since we opened our doors 7 years ago and I (Heidi) have had the luck and pleasure of working with Duncan for over 10 years. CCNY would not be the organization, and I would not be the leader I am, without Duncan. His influence has imprinted on all of us….how we operate, the CCNY culture and the Buffalo community within which we operate. He is a smart, dedicated and kind soul that has served his community with passion and expertise for over 30 years.
We will not say good-bye but instead say bon voyage. We are confident we will have the opportunity to see Duncan again (as he visits his Buffalo family) and work together (albeit remotely) as he builds his life on the West Coast. He has taught us all and we at CCNY will continue to apply the gifts we have received from his lessons.
We will miss him but are excited for the new opportunities and adventures awaiting him in Seattle. Thank you for all you have done for our community. Safe travel!
Heidi Milch (Executive Director) and your friends at CCNY