NYS CASE will be offering a course called Authentic Youth Engagement on January 22nd 2019 in Spencerport, NY.
This full-day course will focus on understanding the nuances of working with youthful job seekers. Expanding our services requires a new set of skills, resources, methods, and tools. As you plan to broaden your constituency to include youth, authentic engagement is a must!
Individuals participating in this course will learn:
1. How to identify methods to create authentic partnerships with youth.
2. Key concepts of youth development and Generation X nuances.
3. The guideposts of effective youth services, focusing on vocational and career development.
4. To create opportunities for youth to be fully engaged and included in their community and workplace.
5. The role of family, peers, and support-team members in youth employment services.
Individuals participating in this course will be able to:
1. Articulate the shift in practices necessary to move from the adult services model to a youth services focus.
2. Recognize opportunities to apply new skills such as Trauma Informed Practices and Motivational Interviewing.
3. Partner with youth to identify and develop skills for competitive integrated employment options.
4. Identify resources to design youth employment services that engage natural and peer mentors.
5. Create an environment where youth/adult partnerships are present.
For more information or to register, click here. Scroll down to the second course listed under “Tier Four”.