Position Summary: The Accountant is responsible for the implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounts payable and accounts receivable in accordance with generally acceptable accounting practices. Responsible for the preparation of various financial statements and reports requird by government, regulatory agencies, funding sorces and governing bodies. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Reviews financial statements with management personnel. Responsible for maintaining professional and positive relationship with funding sources, banking institutions, vendors, etc.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining chart of accounts, general ledger, journals and accounts payable and receivables.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of bank statements, cash flow statements and fixed assets, month end closings.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial statements as required by the Board of Directors and funding sources.
- Responsible for all disbursements, assuring all expenditures are approved by authorized persons.
- Meets on a regular basis with management team members to discuss common programmatic issues/problems.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of Administration for ongoing support and/or supervision.
- Prepares reports/statistics required by Board of Directors, Executive Director, and/or funding sources.
- For More Information on the Accountant Job Description click here
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors degree in Accounting and 5 years experience, preferable in fund accounting and grant reporting with a strong background in federal regulations regarding non-profits.
This is a salaried position, and is exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Act. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annual Salary: $43,000
Submit letter of intent (including salary requirements) and resume by close of business Wednesday February 11, 2015:
By e-mail to Deborah Merrifield, Executive Director at email@example.com
By mail to:Verna Negrych, Sr. Administrative Assistant Family Help Center 60 Dingens Street Buffalo, NY 14206