We are hiring for a part time (40 hours/month) Trainer to assist with monthly training for providers in the Children’s System of Care during business hours Monday-Friday.
- Deliver monthly training both independently and/or with co-trainer support (average of 32 hours per month)
- Up to (but no more than) 8 hours of meetings per month to include but not limited to supervision, curriculum development, administrative support work, project work groups
Documentation and maintenance of training records
The following certifications are not mandatory, but will be required when offered again by NYS:
HCBS Waiver Skill Builder Trainer Certification, in good standing with NYS OMH Training Bureau.
HCBS Waiver Respite Trainer Certification, in good standing with NYS OMH Training Bureau.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited University in Social Work, Education, Human Services, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ verifiable experience working in child welfare, children’s mental health, special education or similar
- Documented experience delivering training and-or workshops
- Knowledge of adult learning theories
- Ability to deliver effective training sessions to diverse learning groups which include participants with Clinical Master’s Degree, Bachelor Degree and High School Degree or equivalent as highest level of education
Compensation = $17-18/hour