The Daycare Director is responsible to plan, organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the daycare program, exercising independent judgment and decision-making authority as delegated, including budget, policies, procedures, and staff supervision. Under general supervision, the Director operates the daycare program in conformance with New York State OCFS Daycare Regulations and licensing provisions. Responsibilities include the overall management of the Center’s program and its operation, facilitating, planning and coordinating of the children’s educational programs and activities. The Director works with staff to facilitate their teaching of early childhood care, and with community daycare centers, and various local funding sources. The Director is also responsible for oversight of the Children’s Center for Success programming and partnerships.
Must have sound working knowledge of NYS OCFS Daycare Regulations and developmentally appropriate practices. Leadership, team building and mature judgment and the ability to maintain matters of a confidential nature essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent;
- Minimum of one year full-time daycare teaching experience and one year experience of direct supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated supervisory and administrative experience mandatory.
- Medication Administration Training (MAT) will be necessary for the successful applicant.
- Car and clean driver’s license required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by the close of business Friday, December 12, 2014.Attention: Daycare Director Family Help Center 60 Dingens Street Buffalo, NY 14206