CCNY is hiring for a full time Dual Recovery Coordinator. This position is responsible for working with Erie County Department of Mental Health and service providers to assist in improving services to individuals with issues of serious mental illness and severe substance abuse disorders.
The Coordinator will work directly with agencies within the mental health system from a quality improvement framework to facilitate effective utilizing national best practice standards, comprehensive data and collaboration.
Other duties are as follows:
- Coach and mentor dual recovery programs within Erie County on use of data in quality improvement, program development, and staff supervision
- Assess community needs, facilitate communication and assist with program and system development
- Coordinate and provide integrated treatment training to primary care providers regarding the importance of identifying and referring clients for co-occurring services.
- Increase capacity to provide treatment for co-occurring disorders, promote evidenced based models, support data collection efforts and identify training needs.
- Research national and state data and best practice models.
- Participate in inter-agency dual recovery workgroups/staff meetings as needed
- Facilitate outreach to regional OMH and OASAS representatives in order to collaborate and guide local workgroups
- Participate in statewide dual recovery coordinators quarterly meeting
- Provide quarterly and year-end written summary of progress, achieved outcomes, identified challenges, and an updated plan to address and resolve these challenges (utilizing the OASAS/OMH report template).
- Promote and facilitate dual recovery curriculum training.
- Maintain continued involvement and representation in the WNY Chemical Dependency Consortium monthly meetings.
- Maintain continued involvement and representation in the Erie County Opioid Task Force monthly meetings.
- Maintain and increase formal partnerships with Peer-run/Peer organizations (i.e. Restoration Society, Mental Health Peer Connection and BPC Discovery Center)
- Facilitate Development of a coordinated referral process for persons who are returning to the community from jails and prisons
The right candidate must have the following skills/experience:
- Familiarity with OMH and OASAS Integrated Services Models
- Extensive knowledge of dual recovery/integrated treatment, community services and NYS medicaid managed care reform.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation/training skills
- Qualified health professional with a Masters degree in Social work, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Health Care Management or related Behavioral Health field 5 years Direct Clinical Experience providing services to individuals with serious mental illness and alcohol and/or substance abuse disorders
- Bachelors degree in related field plus 10 years Direct Clinical Experience providing services to individuals with serious mental illness and alcohol and/or substance abuse disorders
- Experience using process and outcome data in program development, management and supervision
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.