Organized in 1985, the Southtowns Coalition of Community Services is a not-for-profit partnership of human service providers formed solely for the purpose of enhancing and increasing the availability and accessibility of services to the rural communities in Southern Erie County and Western New York known as the “Southtowns.”
The Southtowns Coalition has been successful in bridging the gap between the social service, business, and government sectors by actively cooperating with each other as separate social agencies and as a unified social services organization.
- Share Information and increase awareness of service provider resources
- Provide a referral network to human service organizations in the Southtowns
- Identify the needs of Southtowns residents and assist in the resolution of those needs
- Education and inform our community of the services currently available to them as residents in the Southtowns
- Increase awareness on important issues
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month from 9:00-10:30 am. Meetings are open to anyone interested in improving services and the quality of life in southern and rural WNY. In addition to keeping each other informed of new programs, the Southtowns Coalition has a guest speaker at most meetings which gives in depth information on new and exciting events in the area.
For Information Contact:
Treasurer, Linda Lavelle